Friday, October 17, 2014

OSU Beavers Game = good time to train

A funny thing happens every time there's an OSU Beavers game in Corvallis: no one shows up to train or workout.  There were only a handful of people at MMA class tonight, and even fewer at the gym.  I really like it, because there's more individual instruction from the coaches, and no waiting for space when lifting.  My MMA coach gave us a really good workout, and kept motivating us with comments like "you're the only one doing pushups tonight!  Your friends are just sitting around!"

I've been taking my fitness to another level lately.  MMA class is an hour long workout that leaves me drenched and tired.  When I started I would wonder how I'd get the through the entire hour.  Now it's like a long cardio warm-up, and I walk next door to a gym and really kill myself with olympic lifts and crossfit-type workouts.  I feel like I've reversed the aging process, and am stronger than I was even in the Army.  I could crush my 22-year-old self... if I could catch him.

No comments: